August 14, 2009

Settling into a new routine...

I don't know about you guys, but I found the end of my summer so busy that I didn't even blog about it! I know, bad blogger right?
Don't worry, with the start of a new school year, I am hoping to get into a gear with a new routine and settle down soon for a little time to sew.
I have been very busy these last few weeks getting all the last little bits together for the school year, finishing a re-do on the girls' room (still finishing all that up) and trying to find a little time for me and my sweet husband.
So lets see, lets start with paper work. I despise it and working with DCS is nothing but paperwork. I thought that we were in this to help a child out, not do paperwork but that will all come to an end in December if all the "paperwork" is filled out properly and we get dates quickly. All is going well with Michelle; she has her ups and downs and that is to be expected. She is learning lots of wonderful things about being part of a family and really seems to enjoy them and accept them. I'm amazed at how wonderful this kiddo has adapted. We've just had her for two months but I truly feel like she has been with us forever now and can't imagine her gone.
To help Michelle really feel like this is her home too, we decided to redo the their room. We settled on some beautiful striped comforters from Target and painted the walls in a light green and teal color to coordinate with the blankets. So far, that's all I've finished BUT I have some great ideas and plan to work on them tonight or tomorrow... I just got the last of the materials to complete my idea today so maybe I'll be able to get it finished before the end of next week. The girls don't know what I'm going to do yet but they know they will have some chalk paint on their wall somewhere! :)
We celebrated our 19th anniversary this year... 19! I can't believe it!!! So, we took a little time to ourselves this year and went to Nickajack lake and stayed at Hales Bar Marina's floating cabins. We had a good time but not as nice and quiet as we would have liked. There were college kids that rented a few cabins and partied all night and the next day. They weren't horrible loud but loud enough that I could have stayed home and had as much quiet. We were disappointed with the response of the staff too... Just "oh I'm sorry to hear that; we'll have someone speak to them" and that was it! Oh well... we still caught a couple of fish and had no kiddos. :)
The kids went back to school this week and I have enjoyed running errands with peace and quiet and no one asking if we can just through the drive through cause they didn't eat breakfast before we left. LOL, I'd be broke if I went every time I was asked! (Which was everytime we got in the car! )
That's about it for now... I'll try to keep this blog updated now that I have 5 minutes to think for myself! :)
Until next time, God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I would love to do Michelle a canvas. Send me a photo of her new bedding!