March 22, 2011

Healing slowly...

And I do mean SSSS LLLL OOOO WWWW LLLL YYYY...

I imagined that this surgery would be much like my C-section... tender but able to really get back up by my second week and running around town as needed by my third week. So far, it's not been that way at all.

It absolutly drains me being up all day. I'm still homeschooling the girls everyday and that takes a massive chunk out of me. The week of my surgery we used their planned spring break so that baby sitters didn't have to worry with it nor would I my first week back home. I'm really glad I planned it that way because of the pnemonia setting me back a few more days.

I am able to get up and down without assistants every time but there are times I still need to use someone to pull up on. That makes it rough during the day time for sure. I usually sit for a long time so that I don't bother the girls.

I do still walk around with my belly pillow... Kelvin went to walmart on the hurt for the perfect pillow for me and he came back with three! How awesome is he??? One is perfect for my back to help me sit up higher, one is perfect for my belly to hang on to when moving or coughing and the last one just kind of tucks under my side to help support me.

I am finally finished with all medications and that is a blessing because it made me so sick that I had to take fenigren for it. I have had a weird taste/feeling in my mouth now for two weeks. Will be looking forward to tasting real foods!

Anyway, I've complained and explained some of my blessings... I hope to report I'm back to my old self in a short time more and can get back to sewing and crafting all the things I love!

No comments: