March 12, 2011

hospital stay

Well, I knew surgery would be rough but things are really rough still. I ended up with pneumonia and had to stay until friday.

So instead of dwelling on all the bad things, I'll tell you about the good things I've experienced over the last week...

1. Family and friends. I have been reminded how much others love me and my family by all the generous things they have done for me like babysitting or cooking for my family while I can't. What a blessing!!! Thank you to all my friends and family for doing what I couldn't!

2. Cards... I got the most beautiful handmade cards from my little ones in Sunday School class. Just precious to me. I missed them this week and I know I won't see them Sunday but I will Wednesday!!!

3. Gripped slipper socks; do I have to explain those? Better than houseshoes and oh so stylish!

4. Good nurses. There is nothing better than a compassionate nurse who is good at her job! Mind you, I have had a range of good and bad nurses but there are some that are just fabulous! Thank you nurses!!!

5. Fabulous husband. I'm telling you, I have been blessed. He managed a whiney, hurting wife and would do anything I asked AND he also managed 5 kids!

6. Great Kids! My oldest has really been a good help... He has babysat or picked up the house or whatever else has been asked of him (except laundry) and has started working a new job. The other 4 kids have been good too. Without them behaving, Jacob wouldn't have done a good job!

7. Flowers... what a cheerful little pick up! Thanks so much Tammy and Karen, and Ben Lomand for those. They are beautiful and smell wonderful!

I just can't thank everyone enough for all the Blessings they have bestowed on me and my family over the last week. If I have left you out, I didn't do it intentionally, I'm a little out of it still and am slowly gaining strength back.

Again, thanks so much for all the Blessings and I ask God to bless you and your families in the same ways!

2 comments:

Patty's Stitches said...

Hope you're feeling much better. Take care.

Patty's Stitches said...

Hope you're feeling much better. Take care.