April 22, 2009

Approved as Foster Parents at last!

It's been a long time coming to be able to say that! We started down this road at the end of August last year and yesterday we received our letter.

We have been approved to be foster parents. So exciting! We put down for 0-9 years. They approved us for 0-12 years and up to 2 children.

We also got our first call. So upsetting. I had to say no because of the child's age and situation. I realized immediatly that I wasn't saying no to the lady on the phone but rather to a child in need. It broke my heart to think of the situation the child was in but I couldn't be of help.

I think God is showing me that this is going to be harder than I ever thought possible. He opened the door for this and we walked through. Doesn't mean it will be easy though. I just pray that since HE opened the door, we will know without a doubt which ones we will be able to help and HE will guide us every step of the way.

Please pray for us as this new chapter starts in our lives. That we can serve our God while serving others... that we will use HIS wisdom and strength and shower these children with HIS love and grace.

6 comments:

Tina said...

I'm so proud of you! KNOWing when you can help and when you Can't is very very very important. You are such a good person... and I know that the right child will FIND its way to you!

Paige Todd said...

Congratulations! I know this is HUGE for you and your family and I wish you lots of luck with the choices you will face and I know you will make the best decisions for everyone involved. Good luck!

Brandie said...

Wow! I am very impressed with anyone who wants to become a foster parent. Congratulations on this big commitment and adventure in your life.

Trendy Spot Boutique said...

Thanks so much for all the kind words... after going through the classes and working with children in our own area that need loving, nurturing parents, we are praying God send us one that we can help. I encourage everyone to at least go through the classes at some point in their lives just to have their eyes opened to some of the horrible situations children live in every day.

Jaime said...

Congrats, Jennifer.

Most often, people do not realize the crucial role Foster Parents play in these kids lives. It's a tough job with very little thanks and gratitude.

My hats off to you guys.

Well done.

Janell said...

Congratulations on your decision to become foster parents. We became foster parents last fall and it has been a wonderful experience. It can be very tough, especially when they leave, but rewarding none the less. We only foster infants and we have a 4 month old right now. If you have any questions or just want to vent, feel free to e-mail me! And I love your blog!
janellhuntsman@yahoo.com