January 4, 2009

Rhino the hamster

I don't get to watch movies very often but since my shutdown time was nearing an end, I decided to take my neice to the movies for her birthday... we went to see Bolt in 3D and loved it! My favorite character wasn't the lead, it was the little guy in a ball: Rhino. Funny name for a little hamster!



Anyway, I just loved his personality... full of energy, ready to take on new challenges, sure and confident. He was a little guy with a BIG personality! How many times do we look at a challenge and say "if I only had more help I could do that" or "if only I was smarter" or "if only -- you fill in the blanks". This little guy didn't limit himself; he was full steam ahead! I like that! I hope I'm teaching my own kids that it doesn't matter about your size, if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish it.


I'm excited to be heading back to the sewing room! I have some new ideas to work on and a new line for kids clothes! I'm so anxious to get this part started and modeled... I haven't decided on my model yet so I can't start those until I finalize that part with the size(s) I will need. But, until I decide for sure on my little model for 2009, I have some great new purse ideas that I want to get started right away... I hope they turn out as good in person as they have in my head. I'm hoping to use some romantic floral prints for this purse line...

Let me know your thoughts on these... I think they will be great for sping but need your input! What colors would you like to see more of? A sneak peek will be coming soon so check back shortly for that...

3 comments:

LeAnne Grissom said...

I love the lime green with the pinks. It makes me think of Valentines and spring. Can't wait to see what you have instore.

Jaime said...

I love the top left one!

But they are all lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh we still want to see that one! Speakig of hampsters - you'll be glad to know that "nibbles" and "cookie" are doing Great! They are such funny little guys and we Love them! Thanks for EVERYTHING you did to make my Christmas special!!

D